The ARP Church of today began as a primarily rural denomination concentrated in the Southeast, but has followed the flow of people into urban centers, across the country, and into Canada. With just over 290 congregations, relationships are strong between individual churches as well as members. We stand firm on the tenets of Reformed theology as stated in our Confession of Faith , but our worship styles range from traditional to contemporary.
Rooted in and shaped by a living tradition, we are part of the new creation in Christ which God is bringing into existence. Therefore, we are committed to:
- The worship of the Triune God.
- The Holy Scriptures as the basis for our faith and activity.
- Unity with other believers in Christ.
- Total stewardship of life, including tithing of time, talents, and money.
- Excellence in education and equipping leaders for tomorrow.
- Loving and caring for one another and for other people.
- Spreading the Gospel to all parts of the world.
- Evaluating and changing church structures and priorities in order to meet the challenges of the future while preserving the best of the past.
Our foundational doctrinal statements are found in The Standards of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, which we hold to be “the system of doctrine which is built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone” (Associate Reformed Synod, May 31, 1799).